Monday, October 25, 2010

New background, new adventures

How do you like the new background?

I am currently in the process of applying to graduate school at Baylor. I'm not sure what will come of it, but I'm sending my application in nevertheless. I have a mountain of papers to grade and a GRE prep book waiting to be cracked open, but I have a terrible headache and can't seem to get anything done that requires much brain power. I usually reserve blog posts for when I have something important to say, but for write now I just want to do something simple that does not involve school in anyway. I take the GRE on Thursday so keep me in your prayers!

In other news, Will and I are running a 5k on Saturday, November 6th. I have been very good about getting outside and running, and now I am in the final stretch before the race. This 5k is a family tradition to honor my grandmother would passed away from a brain tumor. It's called the Angel Walk, and it helps to raise money for brain cancer research. Check it out and support the cause!

The last adventure for me is my current non-school book, Unchristian It is a book that was developed out of research conducted by the Barna group to explore the major negative perceptions of Christians by those outside of the church. The book is a challenging and insightful read, and I recommend it to anyone who is looking to deepen their faith. I have found several opportunities to begin conversations with people (Christian and not) based on my reading.

This is not a very exciting post. I promise to include a funny husband, dog, or student story next time.

Enjoy your Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete